Monday, June 15, 2009

I've learned something about myself

I've learned that I can't have "cheat days." Because "cheat days" turn into "cheat weeks." I was doing so well for all of May and had cut out almost all sugar, white bread, white flour, white pasta, etc. Then my birthday hit. And I went a little crazy. And I don't mind the fact that I gave in on my birthday. You only get one a year. But I do mind what I allowed myself to give into the following days because I chose not to control the "spikes" and "crashes" I'd worked so hard to get rid of in the first place. Praise Jesus that I haven't gained back too much weight (like three or four pounds, but that is still HUGE to me). So, I'm getting back on the bike, starting again. I have a new goal and that is to be under 200 pounds by October. I only have 34 pounds to go to reach it and I'm giving myself just over three months to do it, but it'll be the healthy way, that way it won't come back.
I'm going to be moving in a couple of weeks and I'll be losing access to the apartment complex gym, but Elsie and her husband are going to keep an eye out for specials at the LA fitness near work (he works there) so I can get in on a "no enrollment" special. Since it's on my way to work, I'll have absolutely no excuse not to go. Plus Elsie goes a lot so I'll have accountability in that respect. She also has Squaw Peak in her backyard so hiking will be a breeze.
I'm really excited about this move and the positive changes it's going to bring into my life. It's closer to my friends, my work, the mountains and it's going to save me a decent amount of money on gas and utilities! Yaaay!

No comments:

Post a Comment